Laundry Day and Rest Day

At least the day wasn't spent on a bus, but we didn't do much today. As the title says today was:

Laundry Day

Which was much needed and now that we weren't in transit between cities and it was no longer the weekend so businesses were back open, we walked to a nearby laundromat that got good Google reviews and was met with... just, ya know, a run of the mill tiny laundromat on the corner.


Although we were both a bit huffy by the dude who took up TWO different dryers for his laundry and then another chick came in with 3 baskets of wet laundry to just dry and took up the last two dryers (she would've taken 3 if they were available) and we're there with our washed clothes lookin' at them like "could ya fukkin' NOT and maybe leave a dryer for the rest of us??" but whatevs. Our laundry got done and we don't smell like stale, sweaty backpackers. [Jeff Edit: I am also very certain that this place was run by some sort of Russian-related crime syndicate, based on the way that the employees behaved.]

While folding said laundry we decided to try a local burger and milkshake place called Archie's that was pretty freakin' delicious! I got a chicken sandwich with flamin' hot Cheetos on it and a Lotus Biscoff cookie shake. OMG, I love those things! That was late afternoon, so definitely enough calories and plenty filling to call lunch and dinner. [Jeff Edit: I had a Chili con Carne burger, which was a pale imitation of one that Gold Star Chili offered a decade or so ago. It was, like a lot of food in England, Aggressively Mediocre.]


We bummed around the hotel room resting our feet (my right foot is about 30% blisters at the moment and my ankle's tendonitis renders me lame for about an hour each morning), so that was most welcome. Jeff found a tabletop gaming store in the city so we set out to check that place out. I'll leave that part of the journaling to him.

We did get to stop at Costa to try a mince pie. They normally don't come out until Christmas, but the Costa chain doesn't care, as long as it sells. They're like a Starbucks but not as good? And the mince pie, Jeff and I agreed, tastes like a fig newton. So, not too bad!


Now we're once again back in the hotel room and chillin'. I'm going to try and plan out our trip tomorrow to Chester. Can't wait!

Oh yeah! I wanted to make sure, before I forgot, to talk about one of the people on yesterday's Beatles Magical Mystery Tour! There was a family of four and I think the parents and teen daughter were having fun but the teen boy wasn't interested. So I offered to take a picture for them in front of the Penny Lane street sign and the boy just poses right in front of the sign and the family's like "No! We're taking our picture with the sign!" LOLOL, I was cracking up! That kid did not care and had no clue the significance of the spot we were at.  :D 




Jeff, take it away!

Angie and I seem to be on alternating breakfast severities. On the days where I eat a heavy breakfast, she gets toast and eggs. On the days where I eat a light breakfast, she gets The Full English. It's kinda fascinating. 

Angie covered most of it, but there was that bit about checking out a Mysterious Foreign Game Store located in Exotic Manchester. It was pretty nice, all things considered. Pricing was fair, they had a cover charge to use their tables for D&D or Magic. Yu-Gi-Oh cost double, which I can assume had to do with their added expense of dealing with their Red Eyes Gross BO. 

I wasn't able to find any local small-press RPGs, but I was able to find some long out-of-print 4th Edition D&D modules that I hadn't seen in the wild since like 2009 or so. I wiped out their entire stock, and the lady behind the counter mostly seemed relieved that she wouldn't ever have to inventory them again. 

Costa makes, bar none, the worst Chai Latte that I have ever had from a chain coffee restaurant. Would not recommend. 

We'll end this one with a dump of random pictures (mostly Jeff) took around town today:





[Angie Joke: "Hey! Good job, Crunchyroll, for being the middle part of the First Response Group.]









Comments

Popular Posts